What’s better than a salt n’ pepper grilled steak? A Sake Marinated Grilled Steak! The complex flavors contributed by this Sake Marinade combine to create a steak experience that you’ll want to repeat.
Sake flavored marinades often go hand-in-hand with soy and sugar, however in this lightened up version I’ve removed both of these offending ingredients. In place of the soy sauce we are using coconut aminos, and in place of the sugar we are using a touch of liquid stevia. While these might sound like trivial ingredients, removing simple sugar from things like marinades and dressings makes it easier to stay lean, energetic and healthy for the long haul.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- ½ cup sake
- 6 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon Liquid Stevia
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless rib eye steak (or similar cut)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bring the steaks to room temperature. Grill for about 6 minutes per side. Remove from heat and tent with foil for 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy!
451 calories, 13g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 1g sugar, 186mg sodium, 0g fiber, and 61g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!
3206 Cascade Drive, Suite F
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Visit Pumps Fitness's Website
Visit Pumps Fitness's Partner Profile